Originally posted on slsingh’s posterous
My New Year’s resolution is to set up a small hub for pursuing and promoting various skeptical activities. In fact, planning is going well and I hope to announce something in late January. However, I still don’t have a name for this entity, so I need your help to find one.
I don’t want to constrain your creativity, but here are some thoughts that might be helpful…
1. This is undoubtedly a skeptical ‘thing’ that is being created, but the word skeptic has pros and cons.
2. The ‘thing’ will act as an umbrella for various projects, so it needs a name that is not too specific.
3. The ‘thing’ will probably have a charitable status, so it could have “Foundation” stuck at the front or end or nowhere.
4. The ‘thing’ will probably interact with grown-ups, so a name that carries some credibility would be preferable.
5. On the other hand, quirkiness is also a good thing.
In short, all suggestions would be welcome.
Please email me your suggestion via http://simonsingh.net/contact/
Whoever comes up with the winning name will get something nice.
- The Mystery of Brainman
- Overseas translation of my books in return for £20 donation to a good cause.
- Let BBC Radio Surrey & Sussex know that you support its sensible stance on so-called homeopathy experts